Thursday, April 9, 2015

Update

Clearly I am a once a month blogger.

This has been an eventful month and I am ready for some normalness.

The day before St Patrick's day I started having severe back pain.  I assumed it was just my body being stubborn and reminding me that I do not take the care I should and appreciate it.  I have had back pain off and on my whole life but this was different.

The next day (freaking St Patricks Day!),  I went to urgent care because I could not get into my normal doctor and someone had suggested I maybe had a UTI, and they diagnosed it as possible kidney stones and UTI. Fun! that evening I woke up around 3 am in the most pain I have experienced in my life...

I have a fairly high pain tolerance, dealt with PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome) since I was 11.  This was totally different, I could not even physically get out of bed.  Luckily i had stayed at my parents and my mom was able to roll me out bed.  We went to the emergency room and eventually got the cat scan and morphine! It was kidney stone, only a 2 mm,  and i was given ALL the medicine and told take it easy. These stones laid me up for a week, met with an urologist. I slowly felt like I was getting better.  Even got to start the 21 Day Fix (more on that later)

Last Friday, around 2 am I woke up in the same overwhelming pain, ended up back in the ER. Given more pain medication. Since the stone is only 2 mm. (which sounds so small! but according to my urologist the size doesn't determine the pain) he believes it is better to let it pass naturally on my own. I am feeling much better today. Still have some residual back pain and stiffness but definitely more manageable.

Recap. 24ish days later, 2 ER Visits, 4 doctors visits, over 11 medications, 7 days of missed work equals? well i haven't gotten the medical bills yet



I didn't know whether to stand up, sit down, lie down, or die.-Gail Savitz, author

disclosure: yes i am well aware many, many people deal with this chronically and many have serious medical conditions and i am grateful and appreciate of my overall health. but this shiz hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment